- Manufacturing Today Feature
- Building Expansion Photo Gallery
- IFB's Renew Rural Iowa Entrepreneur of the Month
- Hawkeye Hosts NE Iowa Manufacturing Conference
- Cedar Valley Business: Geater's golden birthday
- GMM Celebrates 50 Years
- Manufacturing Engineering Magazine: November 2010
- GMM receives two awards from Rockwell Collins
- GMM wins 2009 SEA Workforce Development Award
Media & Press
Geater Machining & Manufacturing Building Expansion
The Iowa Department of Economic Development awarded tax incentives through the High Quality Jobs program to Geater Machining & Manufacturing Co. (GMM) for a proposed expansion of its existing facility in Independence. The project would include an expansion of up to 25,000 square feet and the addition of machinery and equipment, representing a $5.9 million capital investment. The company supplies precision machining, finishing, sheet metal fabrication, assembly and finishing operations for aerospace, electronics and other high-tech companies.
GMM began the expansion project in October 2011 and finished by the end of 2012.